I created this recipe recently, so I could share a good old fashioned type of bread that can be made ahead and kept on hand for the Holiday Season. It is quite simple to make, just follow the steps in the order given.
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Generously grease 2 loaf pans.
3. Measure 3/4 cup Milk and add 1/2 cup Orange Juice. Combine the two and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
4. Melt 10 tbsp. Unsalted Butter and cool.
5. Wash 2 cups of fresh Cranberries and let dry a bit. Pulse in a processor with 1 1/2 cups Sugar until coarsely chopped.
6. Measure 3 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour in a bowl and add 2 tsp Baking Soda, 1 Tbsp Baking Powder, and 1 tsp Salt. Mix with a fork and set aside.
7. Dump Cranberries and Sugar in a large bowl. Add 2 beaten Eggs. Add Zest from 1 Orange. Add 2 tsp Vanilla.
8. Mix Milk/ Orange Juice with Cranberries and stir well to dissolve sugar.
9. Add melted butter and flour all at once to Cranberry Mix and stir with a rubber spatula just until blended. Do not over mix.
10. Quickly turn out into prepared pans and bake immediately for 40-45 minutes. Test with a cake tester or toothpick.
11. Cool on rack for 10 minutes and then release from pan to continue cooling on rack.
This bread is surprisingly bursting with flavor even though it has few ingredients and no spice or nuts. I recommend that it could be a favorite at your household too! Happy Holidays!